Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Housing advice

I am under 25

Leaving home is a big decision and it takes a lot of planning.  Being independent sounds great, but it also comes with a lot of responsibilities. If you leave home without a real plan, you can soon end up in a bad situation.

Take a look at the money advice service to get some idea of the costs you will need to think about.

Aged 18 to 24 years - If you are aged 18 to 24, you should contact us as soon as you know you could lose your accommodation. You can contact us for advice on your situation online or by calling 01935 462 462.

Aged 16 or 17 years old - You can get advice from Somerset Childrens Social Care by calling 0300 123 2224 or email

Having problems at home

If you are being mistreated at home then talk to someone as soon as you can such as your teacher or tutor, an uncle or aunt or family friend, reverend/imam etc.  If you need to leave home immediately, you must find help straight away. The organisations below can help you to be safer.  

Childline - Free help for young people on the telephone or online for a range of issues including home life, school, college & relationships. Call the free phoneline on 0800 1111, or visit their website to start a live chat or email.

Childrens Social Care  – Free help and support for young people with health, education, housing, benefits or relationship issues. Call for support on 0300 123 2224.

Runaway helpline – Free help 24/7 for young people who are thinking of, or have run away. Contact Runaway by calling or texting for free on 116 000, or email 

Relate – Free help by telephone, online or webchat for relationship difficulties with a boyfriend , girlfriend or family

You should contact us or Somerset Childrens Social Care long before leaving your home. Do not wait until you have nowhere to stay.  

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?