Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Housing advice

I am experiencing domestic abuse

If you are experiencing violence or abuse from your partner, ex-partner or a member of your family then you can get help and advice.

In an emergency always call 999. If it's not safe to talk or make a noise, you can still get help using the Silent Solution System. You can contact the Police on their non-emergency number, 101 to get  advise on how they can help you.

You can get confidential advice from a number of national and local organisations.

  • You Trust – A charity supporting vulnerable people
  • Mankind - Confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and domestic violence
  • Refuge - 24 hour Helpline supporting women, children & men experiencing domestic violence
  • National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) – Fast free emergency injunction service regardless of finance, race, gender or sexual orientation for domestic violence survivors
  • Other sources of information available on the website Domestic abuse advice.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?