Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Council Tax

Council Tax - moving home

Please be aware that move forms are taking longer than normal to process. Any existing Direct Debit that you have in place will remain unchanged until this has been actioned. Any overpayment in Council Tax will be refunded to the account the Direct Debit was being taken from once this move has been processed.

Changes of address can include:

  • Moving within South Somerset including to a care/residential home (for example Yeovil to Martock)
  • Moving into South Somerset (for example from Bristol to Yeovil)
  • Moving away from South Somerset (for example from Yeovil to Bristol)
  • A change to the number of people (over 18) living in your property including a child turning 18
  • A partner of adult child moving in or out of your home

If you are not sure of the council area of your new address, please click here.

It is important that you notify us of any change of address within 21 days, failure to do so could lead to a penalty of £70.00. See our penalties page for more information.

If you do not let us know about a change of address, you could be changed the wrong amount.

This is to help make sure that your initial Council Tax bill is for the correct amount and includes any discounts or exemptions you are eligible for.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?